Thursday, March 7, 2013

Melting Pot or What?...

Here in the California, we have quite the diversity.

I visited an Asian store:


New Year decorations


Humongous breadfruit - you can't tell in this pic, but take my word!


Peach & Cherrry blossom trees


Banana fruit o'natural


Eggplant galore!



And so much green food, you'd never get tired of trying something new!

Then to the Kosher Store...


What's Friday night without challah?


I'm guessing this is for Shabbat or Friday night prayers


Who doesn't need an extra yamulke?


Gefilte Fish, one of life's staples


I just thought this sign was interesting


... and these ice cream bars.


And, I'm guessing this is a Russian brand - loved the illustrations.


more...



and still more.


Never to forget our need for Bazooka Joe gum!


As you can tell, I've enjoyed playing the tourist in town.
Nice to see so many different cultures getting along & sharing a common space.