Friday, November 30, 2012

dōTERRA Essential Oils


Last night I was invited to a free class on essential oils - my daughter & I attended, 
& I'm so glad I did!


A few facts I learned from the class:

  • Essential oils are really not oils, but extracts from plants.
  • They are 50 to 70 times more powerful than herbs.
  • They kill viruses & bacteria, whereas antibiotics cannot penetrate cell membranes where the virus hides, but the oils can. Bacteria lives outside the cell wall, so antibiotics can attack them, but essential oils can reach both.  



Personally, I've used essential oils for decades, but I believe dōTERRA is a superior product to what I had been using. 

I currently have 2 spray bottles, one holds lavender & water & the 2nd bottle holds lemongrass & water. The water creates the mist & diffuses the strength of the essential oils. 

How uplifting these natural fragrances are to me. I actually just spray a mist above my head & then allow it to settle on me rather than spraying it onto my body directly.

Lemongrass gives you a perk, smells so sweet & clean. Lavender soothes away all of that stress you've managed to bring home. So, I usually will use the lemongrass in the morning and the lavender in the eve, or sometimes on rainy days.

The company lists 10 oils that every family should have: lavender, lemon, peppermint, melaleuca, oregano, frankincense and then 4 other blends which can be used for medicinal purposes. 

After all, all & I'll repeat, all of our medicines are created from herbs or are created synthetically to resemble them - why not head straight to the source directly?

Essential oils can help us heal naturally. These gifts from nature boost us emotionally, help to strengthen our immune system and just keep us all around healthy.  

   So, I invite you to contact a rep today, take a class & broaden your horizons & knowledge. After all - isn't it really all about getting back to nature... back to Eden...? 

If you're in Northern Utah, contact caroline@livingdoterra.com

I leave you in peace,
Marcy Hope Willliams