Thursday, October 25, 2012

A Trip to the Mill & 
Why Not Juice?


So you can truly see how beautiful the mountains are with a light dusting of snow upon them. This is Northern Utah in October. We still have fields of grain and pastureland abounds.  


My day job allows me to travel north to visit folks in Southern Idaho, and south to Brigham City & Tremonton in Utah, where I meet people I never would have met & learn about businesses & industries I never knew existed in my own backyard.  


This local flour mill produces organic products that are shipped all across America.  


So what about juicing? Is it difficult? 

For a basic juice I use carrots, apples & beets - that's all. 
I can add a wedge of lemon, bunch of spinach or sprigs of parsley, a few stalks of celery or 
just about any vegetable you're inspired to use. Organic is always better. 

I use my blender to add a banana for thickness. 
Some mornings I create my shake by blending the juice, one cup of nut milk, a banana, my protein powder & lots of water - what a way to start the day!  


Love my Jack LaLanne juicer & always will! 
Their machines usually run about $99 - they also sell refurbished ones for half that price. 
I have purchased one of each & both are still running perfectly.
Talk about customer service - I haven't seen much better! 
If a part breaks down, which is rare - they will send you out a new one for free!

The clean-up does take a few minutes, 
but the parts are easy to clean when compared with other juicers & well-worth the work. 

Fresh juices are refreshing, a quick pick-me-up & loaded with vitamins & minerals to help keep you youthful & strong - quick to digest too.

I've often wanted to have a watercolor painting done with fresh juices - their colors are oh so vibrant. If any of you readers would like to try this, I'd love to hear (or see) the results. Wheatgrass also produces a vibrant green. 
You can email me at storyexpress@gmail.com.