Friday, July 13, 2012


Time to Harvest



So counting 24 hours of soaking time, the sunflower seed sprouts took approximately 6-7 days to grow - not bad for a little sunshine in your life!

Trim the sprouts with a scissor just above the dirt line and swish gently in cool water, coaxing the seeds off of the tips of the leaves. 

Simple ingredients & ready to assemble. I actually like pre-washing & preparing my vegetables ahead of time, so dinner prep becomes a snap. You can substitute shredded banana squash for carrots - they're great in a salad or in a wrap & adds a bright color to your meal. And you know what that means - more vitamins & minerals. 

Yes, I like to take vitamins - I can actually feel the difference. For decades, I've always found the best quality at my local health-food store. Currently, I'm taking Garden of Life Vitamin Code for Women - the label says Raw Whole Food Multi, Garden of Life Raw Vitamin D3 Code Raw, Solaray Calcium & Magnesium and Solaray B Complex. By the way, these are rice chips on the side. I don't actually add salt to my diet other than on a chip or cracker once in awhile. 

And not to forget my protein entree - this was my left-over from a Mexican Restaurant I visited with my friend two days ago, lasted me for 3 meals besides the lunch at the restaurant! It was yummy! The meal you see above was split in to two meals - lunch & dinner.